Biennial Election For The Officers of The Executive Board
In accordance with the IACLE Constitution, we will be completing the biennial election of the Executive Board, including Regional Presidents, by Monday 21 December 2009. Additional regional council members will be appointed following the election.
The following candidates are being supported for re-election or nomination by the Executive Committee of IACLE. These candidates have been selected based on their commitment to the contact lens profession, their active involvement in IACLE activities and their generous willingness to serve in a volunteer leadership capacity.
| Desmond Fonn
|| Lyndon Jones
| Vice President
|| Shehzad Naroo
|James Wolffoshn|| Olivia Hunt
|Secretary|| Philip Morgan
University of Manchester
|Carole Maldonado-Codina|| Clare O’Donnell
|Assistant Secretary|| Janice Jurkus
Illinois College of Optometry
| Luigina Sorbara
|| Deborah Sweeney
University of Waterloo
CCLR Waterloo, Canada
| Desmond Fonn
|| Lyndon Jones
|Assistant Treasurer|| Percy Lazon
Institute for Eye Research
|Deborah Sweeney|| Desmond Fonn
| Asia Pacific
| Gullapalli Rao
LV Prasad Eye Institute
| Deborah Sweeney
|| Lakshmi Shinde
| Europe/Africa-Middle East
| Judith Morris
The Institute of Optometry
| Shehzad Naroo
|| Deborah Sweeney
| Sergio Garcia
Universidad de La Salle
| Guillermo Carrillo
|| Daniela Garese
If you wish to stand, or nominate an IACLE member (in addition to those already nominated), for any of the above positions, please do so. Please note that only full members of IACLE are eligible to nominate candidates or vote in the election.
Nominees are required to complete the nomination form and submit it with a brief campaign statement consisting of 500 words detailing their history of professional activity, career experience, achievements, positions held and information relevant to candidature. This statement must be typewritten in English and suitable for circulation to the membership.
Please send the above documentation (preferably by fax – 519-846-5788) to the IACLE Secretariat in Canada by Monday 14 December 2009. Nominations received after this date will not be considered.
Executive Board Election Guidelines
President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Secretary, Assistant Treasurer, Regional Presidents (Apart from the Immediate Past President and the AOCLE Representative)
- The election of Office Bearers to the IACLE Executive Board (with the exception of the AOCLE Representative and the Immediate Past President) of IACLE will be conducted through an international electronic ballot to all members of IACLE.
- The Executive Board, except for the AOCLE Representative and the Immediate Past President, shall be elected for a period of two years (2010-2011).
- Nominations for Officers of the Executive Board, apart from the Immediate Past President and the AOCLE Representative, may be made by any full member of IACLE.
- Nomination of candidates must be made in writing on the ballot provided, signed by two full members of IACLE, and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate.
- Nomination of a candidate for election (as per 29.7 of the Constitution) is not valid, if that candidate has been nominated for election to another office of the Executive Board at the same election.
- Office Bearers are eligible for re-election.
- All nominations must be received by the IACLE Secretariat in Canada by 14 December 2009 (as per 29.1(b) of the Constitution – not less than 7 days before the date fixed for the deadline of the electronic ballot which is 21 December 2009).
- If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled, a ballot shall not be held.
- If the number of nominations received exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, an electronic ballot shall be held.
- Nominees participating in the ballot shall submit a brief campaign statement consisting of 500 words detailing their history of professional activity, career experience, achievements, positions held and information relevant to candidature. This statement must be typewritten in English and suitable for circulation, with the voting instructions, to the membership.
- The AOCLE Representative shall be appointed by AOCLE, for a one year period with re-appointment possible.
- All regional council positions, other than the regional president, shall be appointed following the election.
- All full members of IACLE can vote, but are encouraged not to vote if they are not familiar with the candidates standing for office.
- All votes are checked against the roll of eligible voters (full members in good financial standing).
- If the voter’s name does not appear on the roll, the vote will not be counted.
- IACLE members will be informed of the results as soon as the count has been completed.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Director of Operations, Bonnie Boshart on firstname.lastname@example.org