IACLE Activity Survey Results
IACLE announces the results of its Activity Survey
IACLE last conducted a comprehensive membership survey in 2018. Since then, there have been significant changes to modes of delivery of education as teaching moved online, accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic that took effect from the start of 2020.
A total of 151 members in 25 countries took part in IACLE’s Activity Survey, representing a response rate of 19%. The highest number of responses was from the Asia Pacific region (76%), followed by Americas (18%) and Europe/Africa – Middle East (6%).
Key findings from the survey include:
- The IACLE Contact Lens Course is the most used IACLE Resource, rated highest for satisfaction and most important.
- Data showed that 1,385 students from 31 institutions participated in the Student Trial Exam since its launch in July 2020.
- The national, regional, and global webinar count reached 13,000 views within one year.
- IACLE’s Virtual Conferences had the highest satisfaction rating among members for online events, particularly the Virtual Conference in April 2021.
- 60% of members use IACLETOP Resources for their lectures, workshops, and tutorials.
IACLE gives thanks to all members who participated in the survey.