40th Anniversary Events
Special 40th Celebrations have been held at the British Contact Lens Association Clinical Conference & Exhibition in Manchester, UK (30 May – 1 June), the Asia Pacific Optometric Congress in Manila, Philippines (17-20 June), and soon to take place at the Colegio Federación Colombiana de Optómetras (FEDOPTO) Congress in Bogotá, Colombia (8-10 August), and at the Academy 2019 and 3rd World Congress of Optometry in Orlando, Florida (23-27 October).
The theme for our celebrations is ‘Exceptional Education. Exponential Impact’.
Many more national and local meetings around the world will mark the occasion. 40th Anniversary video and PowerPoint resources are available for members to use in their presentations and lectures during the year.
IACLE events at meetings in May and June included:
BCLA Clinical Conference & Exhibition
- IACLE / BUCCLE Education Day at Chancellors Conference Centre, Manchester on Wednesday 29 May from 9 am to 6 pm, including IACLE Annual General Meeting. Details. Email email@example.com to attend Education Day
- Interactive BCLA exhibition booth where you can ‘Make Your Mark’ on a time wall of milestones in the history of IACLE
- 40th Anniversary Celebration on Thursday 30 May at 5 pm at our exhibition booth
- International Perspectives session on Thursday 30 May from 12 noon to 1.10 pm with 40th Anniversary presentation by IACLE President Dr Shehzad Naroo
- IACLE Awards Ceremony on Saturday 1 June at 2.30 pm
Asia Pacific Optometric Congress
- 40th Anniversary Celebration and IACLE Awards Ceremony during Gala Dinner on Tuesday 18 June at 7pm
- Interactive exhibition booth where you can ‘Make Your Mark’ on a time wall of milestones in the history of IACLE
- Lectures from Lewis Williams and Luigina Sorbara, and workshops from Cheni Lee, Lakshmi Shinde and Nilesh Thite, on Monday 17 June
- Invited Lecture from Luigina Sorbara on Tuesday 18 June
- Workshops from Luigina Sorbara and Lewis Williams on Wednesday 19 June
- IACLE Members’ Meeting on Wednesday 19 June at 5pm
IACLE conducted an Educator Meeting to coincide with the European Academy of Optometry and Optics (EAOO) Annual Conference in Rome, Italy (18-20 May). The IACLE meeting was held on Friday 17 May at Università Roma Tre. Read the meeting report
More details on the FEDOPTO and Academy/WCO events will be provided at a later date.