Distance Learning Program
UPDATE – THIS PROGRAM IS MOVING TO IACLETOP LAUNCHING IN MARCH
What is the DLP program?
- A self-study program
- Designed to improve the contact lens knowledge of educators and assist them in their contact lens teaching endeavors
Who can participate in the DLP?
- All IACLE members free of charge
- Members have access to the DLP via the member login of our website
Who does IACLE recommend this program for?
All members of IACLE, in particular those who are:
- Active contact lens educators, AND…
- Members who intend to sit the IACLE Fellowship Exam seeking to become a Fellow of IACLE (FIACLE)
- Complete within six months to one year
Why complete the DLP?
The DLP has been designed as a study aid for the IACLE Contact Lens Course (ICLC). It guides the member through the course module-by-module. After working through each major section of the course, the member completes an assignment related to the just-completed section and submits it to IACLE for marking and relevant feedback. Once results are provided, the member moves onto the next phase and this cycle is repeated until all modules of the ICLC have been covered and all phases of the DLP are completed.
DLP Content and Format
The program consists of 4 phases:
- Each phase requires the completion of 2 to 4 assignments
- Assignments are in the form of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with answer sheet template provided
The phases are based on the modules of the IACLE Contact Lens Course as follows:
2 assignments: Module A – Basics of Contact Lenses
4 assignments: Module B – Contact Lens Fitting
3 assignments: Module C – Contact Lens Care & Module D – Contact Lens Complications
3 assignments: Module E – Advanced Contact Lens Practice
How can members access the program?
From March 2021 the DLP will be available in a variety of languages on IACLETOP. We will update our members on when that happens via our newsletter (emailed to members and general subscribers each month). Feel free to contact your IACLE representative with questions you may have.
Acknowledgement and thanks
Thank you to the following FIACLEs for their contributions of significant new material to the New DLP (released September 2018)
Ajay Shinde, Sankara College of Optometry, India
Rajeswari Mahadevan, Sankara Nethralaya Medical Research Foundation, India
Prema Chande, Lotus College of Optometry, India
Gauri Kunjeer Patel, Nagar School of Optometry
Anitha Arvind, Sankara College of Optometry, India
Pancham Kulkarni, Lotus College of Optometry, India