What is a ‘FIACLE’?
FIACLEs are IACLE’s most active, visible and involved members. They are recognized for their accomplishments within the global field of contact lens education.
FIACLEs are seen as leaders within their field, frequently invited to speak at educational meetings, providing practitioner and student education within their professional communities.
Purpose of this program
With IACLE acting as the coordinating body, the FIACLE program provides a means of communication within the order of contact lens education designed to:
- Create opportunities for FIACLEs to become known in their local/regional academic circles
- Develop a team of FIACLEs who can provide quality practitioner and student education
- Provides the CL education sector with an educational team who can respond to requests/needs on a local/regional level
- Provides industry sponsors with a team of educators who they can use to assist in professional education
- Improves contact lens education by creating the opportunity for collaboration with local/regional sources of knowledge
- Helps create a stronger working relationships between local FIACLEs, professionals and industry
Who can become a FIACLE & how
FIACLEs are active IACLE members who have successfully completed the IACLE Fellowship Exam.
The Fellowship Exam is open to all IACLE members and is held every two years. All members who receive a successful outcome may apply to become a FIACLE.
FIACLE status is approved by IACLE when the member meets the criteria of the program.
FIACLE status can not be awarded to a member until they have held active IACLE membership for at least one year. Full terms and conditions apply.
Criteria of the FIACLE program
IACLE’s Board approves an IACLE member to become a Fellow of IACLE (FIACLE) when they meet the following criteria:
- A person who has held membership for one year or more, and
- Continues to qualify as a member, and
- Is a financial member (fees are paid up to date), and
- Has successfully completed the IACLE Fellowship Exam, and
- Promotes IACLE educational goals and objectives, and
- Continues to make a contribution to contact lens education, and
- Participates in programs that advance contact lens education, and
- Renews their FIACLE status every 3 years by completing a ‘Declaration of Participation’ form
Terms and conditions
IACLE members who have been approved for FIACLE status are required to follow all the terms and conditions of the FIACLE program to keep their FIACLE status active. Members are urged to familiarize themselves with the programs T&Cs:
Achieving FIACLE status is one part of the program – maintaining this title is another…
Acknowledgement of Fellowship Excellence Certificate
Fellows who have successfully completed the exam more than three times are eligible for the Acknowledgement of Fellowship Excellence Certificate.
Members who have received this certificate are the following FIACLEs:
- Daniela Garese (Uruguay)
- Orlando Neira (Colombia)
- Ricardo Pintor (Mexico)
- Robin Rodriguez (Peru)
- Rolando Rojas (Peru)
- Ruben Velazquez (Mexico)
- Ajay Shinde (India)