FIACLE Renewal Process
Question: How do FIACLEs maintain the use of their ‘FIACLE’ title?
Answer: FIACLEs are required to renewal their status every 3 years by completing IACLE’s ‘Declaration of Participation’ form
FIACLE Renewal Procedures
FIACLE status is maintained by continuing to meet the terms and conditions of the FIACLE program. One of these terms is renewing your status by declaring your continued participation/contribution to contact lens education. Renewal is requested every 3 years.
FIACLEs associated with an institution are eligible for renewal if they:
- Developed/delivered lectures, workshops or poster sessions to practitioners/educators
- Submitted/published journal article/book chapters
- Participated in local/regional conferences or attended lectures/scientific sessions
FIACLEs not associated with an institution (i.e. Associate Members):
The Executive Board will consider participation in other activities that contribute to IACLE’s overall mission of delivering contact lens education. Examples include –
- Present at IACLE meetings
- At the request of the Executive Board, represent IACLE to Industry
- Develop and donate educational resources to IACLE
- Be actively involved in research activities related to contact lenses
How to Submit Renewal
FIACLEs simply submit their renewal by an online form called ‘Declaration of Participation’.
Please inform us of your educational activities to be included in our e-newsletters / social media posts. Please include high resolution photos (jpg format).
Member Donated Resources Library
The “Member Donated Resources Library” is available to members only via secured access on our website (sign in via homepage). Renewing FIACLEs are expected to contribute at least one educational resource as evidence of their continued adherence to the FIACLE guidelines and ‘Declaration of Participation’.
This online library is unique as it allows members – ‘the contact lens educators of the world’, to view the latest educational materials of their peers from around the globe.
Please provide your material to your corresponding IACLE Office or the IACLE Secretariat on firstname.lastname@example.org including a list of your affiliates and a short biography.
Fellows of IACLE who have held FIACLE status for 15 years or more are entitled to Lifetime FIACLE status as long as they hold membership in IACLE.
Lifetime FIACLE status will remain in place under the following terms and conditions:
- A member must continue to qualify for membership in IACLE
- A member must remain a member in good standing (annual membership subscription is paid up to date)
- A member must continue to meet the terms and conditions of the FIACLE program
IACLE will notify members eligible for this status by letter and will provide them with a certificate. If you believe you are eligible for this status please contact your corresponding IACLE office or our secretariat at: email@example.com.
Our Lifetime FIACLEs are identified on our FIACLE Directory under ‘Renewal Date’ as ‘Currently holds Lifetime FIACLE Status’.
“FIACLE status gave me the standing and status that I enjoy today, and got me many invites to speak at prestigious contact lens events in India. I will continue to work towards contact lens education in India for many more years.”
Yeshwant Saoji, Lifetime FIACLE