IACLE Case Report Series
Free Access to All Members!
The IACLE Case Reports Series is a growing collection of interactive, illustrated case reports intended for use as a contact lens teaching resource by educators, practitioners and students.
Case Report content includes:
- Introducing lectures on related topics, assessing knowledge imparted by a lecture, the basis of a tutorial, a self-paced student learning aid, and continuing professional education.
- Colour illustrations, videos, and useful references to the IACLE Contact Lens Course and other resources
- Interactive multiple-choice questions that guide the user towards the correct answer with explanations at every step. Progression through the report is not possible until a correct answer is achieved. Each report can only be navigated using the on-screen ‘buttons’ provided.
- They are in Flash format and can be easily viewed – just as you would a PowerPoint presentation.
IACLE Case Reports are available in: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Chinese (simplified)
The case reports are based on materials supplied by contact lens educators from around the world. As the series grows, topics will move from the current introductory and intermediate levels to more advanced topics. All educators are invited to supply details of cases they believe have educational value.
How to use the IACLE Case Report Series:
Check out a short video on our YouTube Channel with Dr Lewis Williams explaining how to use this resource.
The following Case Reports are available from the member login:
- Miscellaneous Cases 1
- Miscellaneous Cases 2
- Miscellaneous Cases 3
- Miscellaneous Cases 4
- A Young Prospective CL Wearer
- Patient Screening
- SCL Fitting
- Lens Care & Handling
- Lens Deposit
- An Unusual Case
- Post-LASIK Complication?
- A Corneal Lesion
- CL Effects on the Lids
- Red & Teary Eyes During CL Wear
- Corneal Ectasia
- Unusual Corneas
- Focal Corneal Infiltrates
- Silicone Hydrogel & Soft Lens After-Care & Wear Complications
- Keratoconus An Acute Complication
- Post-LASIK CL Fitting: To Ortho-K or Not to Ortho-K
- Will I Still Be Able to Drive?
Further instructions and information is provided in the member login portal of this website – available to members only. Become a member of IACLE to gain access to this wonderful resource and many others!
Contact the IACLE email@example.com or your National/Regional IACLE Coordinator with any questions or requests for additional information.