Special Notice – TLC Initiative Outcomes Update
IACLE reports success of TLC (Teach. Learn. Connect.) Initiative
IACLE’s TLC Initiative to support its members, their students and the contact lens industry during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, has been a major success since it launched three months ago today.
Some of the notable achievements of the initiative include:
• At least 4,828 members and their students have taken part in global, regional and national TLC webinars.
• Around 85 members have already registered for our first-ever Virtual Conference, taking place on 26 September.
• A total of 842 members have signed up for IACLETOP, our Learning Management System.
• So far, 302 students from nine institutions across the world have taken the new Online Student Trial Exam (STE).
• Social media activity has increased across all platforms, gaining over 1,700 followers on IACLE’s Facebook page, an increase of 37% in a three-month period. The introduction of Instagram has been especially popular, with 1,092 followers joining since its launch at the start of The TLC.
• A revamp of IACLE email communications to ensure members are the first to hear about the latest developments.
• Since The TLC launch, 35 new members have joined IACLE bringing the total number of members to 997.
IACLE’s next global webinar series will focus on myopia and its management, starting on 3 November. The topic of the first webinar is ‘What causes myopia and its progression? – current understanding’, presented by Professor Nicola Logan from Aston University, Birmingham, UK.